‘Tis the season to plan corporate holiday events, from client appreciation to employee celebration! When planners visit us, many of the same questions pop up. Following are a few answers to help with logistics and venue details so you can move on to more important things… like choosing a signature cocktail sure to kick-start the festivities!
1. Will the venue be decorated for the holidays? We love the holiday season and embrace it with tons of festive decorations that go up the weekend after Thanksgiving and come down around the second week in January. The exterior of the Mansion is decked with classic wreaths and white lights along with whimsical touches including Santa in his sleigh pulled by lighted reindeer. Indoors, guests are greeted warmly by cozy fireplaces, mantles decorated with holly and holiday collectibles on display, several holiday trees, poinsettias, velvet ribbons and bows. The Carriage House is also decorated for the holidays on a smaller scale with holiday trees and wreaths.
2. Is catering included? Basic site rental of our venues is for reservation of the space only. We work exclusively with three full-service caterers (Chef’s Expressions, Linwoods and Sascha’s) who are happy to discuss menu options and provide proposals including everything you need for your catered holiday event.
3. Do you offer a discounted rate for non-profit organizations? Not specifically, but special rates are available for events scheduled less than three months in advance. Several added-value and cost-savings incentives are now available for 2014 holiday events. Call 410-486-2405 to inquire. We’re also happy to support non-profit partners hosting events at our venues with donations for auctions and fundraising activities during the event. Just ask!
4. What about parking? And do you offer coat check? Ample free parking is available onsite. Parking is self service unless you choose to hire a valet company. An unattended coat room is available for your guests on the first floor. You may certainly contract a service for coat check if you prefer. Visit our event resource page for recommended valet and coat check companies.
5. Do I need to hire a d.j./musicians/entertainment service? This is entirely at your discretion and depends on your budget and the type of event you’re planning. If it’s a casual luncheon, a holiday playlist from your iPod may be just the ticket. You can even plug into our dock connected to a few small speakers in the Mansion’s atrium. If you’re looking to kick things up a notch, a professional entertainment service has access to countless talented entertainers and experience creating unforgettable events. The sky’s the limit.
Lucky you… you were nominated for the task of planning your company holiday party! So make your list and check it twice. Hope we’ve ticked off a few answers to your initial party planning questions.
Haven’t booked a venue yet? No worries. Join us for a Holiday Preview Party featuring Chef’s Expressions at Gramercy Mansion on Tuesday, September 30, 2014 from 6 – 8 p.m. Cocktails and hor d’oeuvres, a sneak peek at the holiday decor and special savings and added value promotions for holiday bookings! RSVP to Amanda@GramercyMansion.com or 410-486-2405.