Join owner Anne Pomykala for garden tours followed by a picnic lunch on Tuesdays at 11 a.m. ($20 per person).
With vibrant color from April through November, the blooms are constantly changing throughout the spring, summer and fall. Anne delights visitors with her insights, gardening tips and extensive knowledge of local flora.
Tuesdays with Anne: Garden Tours & Lunch (upcoming 2015 dates)
August 4, 11 & 18
September 1, 8, 15 & 22
$20 per person including lunch!
Reservations and payment required in advance. Call 410-486-2405 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by the Monday before to reserve and place your lunch order.
A path behind the Mansion winds from a shade garden complete with marble gazebo to a large oval wedding garden. A heart-shaped garden showcases colorful tulips in early spring. An Edwardian-inspired front garden separates the Mansion and Carriage House. Over-layered early and late blooming perennials and annuals add depth to borders boasting a continuous wave of color from February’s first snow drops through November. Whimsical statues, benches, sculptures, sun dials and fountains add to the abounding charm of the property’s gardens. On a beautiful day, or even a drizzly spring morning, you’ll find Anne tending her gardens. The Pomykalas purchased the 45-acre estate in 1985 but with much restoration work required in the Mansion itself, the endeavor of creating gardens and landscape to compliment the historic home was not truly underway until ten years later. While much of the property is wooded and seven acres are dedicated to organic farming, about three acres surround the Mansion, Carriage House and cottages with landscaped gardens sprung from Anne’s creativity and passion for nature’s beauty.
Hundreds of couples have celebrated weddings in Gramercy’s gardens and countless B&B guests wander the meandering paths, spying hummingbirds over their morning coffee. Anne couldn’t be more delighted to share her gardens and she invites you to join her on Tuesdays throughout the summer.
Lunch includes a sandwich, chips, fruit, cookie, and a beverage.
Gourmet sandwich selections provided by the Wine Merchant:
- Power House (vegetarian) Alfalfa sprouts, cucumber, tomato, lettuce, muenster & Pepper Parmesan dressing on multi-grain
- Turkey Club Turkey breast with America cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayo on stacked high white toast
- California Tuna Albacore tuna salad on multi-grain bread with sprouts, tomato, cucumber and guacamole
- Italian Cold Cut Ham, Prosciuttini ham, Genoa salami, provolone on a sub roll with lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, hot peppers & oil and vinegar dressing
- The Bomber Rare roast beef, horseradish cheddar, lettuce, tomato, onion, Tiger sauce on a Ciabatta sub roll
- Rachel Corned beef and imported Swiss on rye with cole slaw and Russian dressing
- Black Russian Rare roast beef & Swiss on pumpernickel with cole slaw & Russian dressing
Please advise us of any dietary restrictions or special requests at the time of reservation and we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
Call 410-486-2405 to reserve your space for upcoming Tuesday garden tours and place your lunch order! We look forward to seeing you in the garden!