Crisp, chilly air and changing leaves means fall is finally here! Time for pumpkin everything, fuzzy blankets and warm fireplaces! We have some fun and relaxing activities for you to try this season so grab your coziest sweater and get ready for these perfect fall happenings.
Visit Rodgers’ Farms
Rodgers’ Farms is located in historic Greenspring Valley, Maryland, approximately 10 minutes from Gramercy Mansion. The farm has plenty of family-friendly activities to entertain everyone for the whole day and will be open until Sunday, November 5. Their hours are Fridays from 12-6 p.m. and Saturdays & Sundays from 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Pick your own pumpkins
- Farm animal zoo featuring Cows, Pigs, Turkeys, Chickens, Sheep & more
- Mini maze made for kids
- Corn maze
- Hay ride
- Food and refreshments
- Corn sandbox
- Large picnic area
- Local produce
- Farm fresh apples and cider
The address to Rodgers’ Farms is 1818 Greenspring Valley Rd, Stevenson, MD 21153. For questions, call 410-241-3392 or click here.
Try a new Recipe
Fall is for baking warm meals and sweet desserts. Here are a few recipes that we found on Taste of Home and can’t wait to try at the Mansion!
- Soft Ginger Cookies with Coffee: “These nicely spiced, soft gingerbread cookies are perfect for folks who like the flavor of ginger but don’t care for crunchy gingersnaps.”
- Winning Apple Crisp: “I live in apple country, and a delicious crisp is one good way to use them that doesn’t take a lot of time.”
- Pumpkin Bars: “Canned pumpkin and yellow cake mix make these bars an effortless alternative to pumpkin pie. It’s a tried-and-true dessert that always brings big smiles.”
Warm Up in front of Gramercy’s Fireplaces
The October Room of the Month is the Ambassador’s Room, featuring a wood-burning fireplace, king-size bed and view overlooking the lavish center-circle garden. Brew a warm cup of complimentary coffee or tea from our beverages bar and unwind by the fireplace or in the gardens. The leaves are starting to change color and now is a great time for a little getaway!
If you’re getting married this season at Gramercy Mansion or the Carriage House, tag us in your photos! Here are a few shots from a stylized shoot done last fall at the Mansion by Cesar Chavez Photography, Heather St. Clair Events, Select Event Group, Fleur de Lis Florist, Just Ink On Paper & La Cakerie!
Enjoy the Fall Season
We hope you get time to enjoy these fall-themed activities before it’s time to bundle up for winter. Thanks for reading!