Our friends at Linwoods Restaurant and Catering have been kind enough to share this delicious recipe with us. Anne’s garden has exploded with huge, juicy tomatoes of all shapes and sizes during the past few weeks. Stop by to pick some up or enjoy them during breakfast at Gramercy. Nothing says summer like fresh garden tomatoes!
Tomato & Zucchini Tart, courtesy of Linwoods
First you will need to make the tart shell.
4 oz butter-cold/cut into cubes
1 ¼ cups of flour
¼ teaspoon salt
2-3 tablespoons of ice water
- Combine: butter, flour & salt
- Slowly, add ice water.
- Roll into ball
- Chill in fridge
- Roll it out
- Make into whatever tart shape you’d like it to be.
- Bake at 325° until golden brown.
Slice 3 large beefsteak tomatoes ½” thick
Slice 3 large zucchini ½” thick
Grate 2 cups gruyere cheese
1 cup of champagne mustard
- Spread the mustard on chilled and cooked tart shell.
- Spread cheese over shell.
- Alternate slices of tomato & zucchini to fill shell.
- Sprinkle with some kosher salt and dried oregano.
- Cook at 350° for 10-12 minutes.
Cut, Serve and Enjoy!
Planning a wedding or special event at Gramercy Mansion? Be sure to check out Linwoods off-premise catering services. The professional event team, consistently delicious cuisine and elegant presentation rank them among the best caterers in Baltimore and we are happy to recommend them as one of our three approved caterers at Gramercy.
Tags: Baltimore caterer, Gramercy Mansion, Linwoods catering, Linwoods restaurant, Maryland caterer, special event, summer recipe, summer tomatoes, tomato recipe, tomato tart, tomato zucchini tart, wedding